First Look: Seymour Chwast Collection
We recently received a wonderful donation from illustrator and designer Seymour Chwast. He was a founding partner of Push Pin Studios in 1954, along with Milton Glaser, Edward Sorel and Reynold Ruffins. The studio’s name was changed to the Pushpin Group in 1985 and Chwast remains as its director. Here’s a sampling of the 80 posters in the collection; future posts will highlight original artwork and other printed materials that offer a comprehensive view of Chwast’s influential career.